Sunday, March 3, 2013

Food Philosophy

                            Image by ( Love Veggies  By ellevalentine)

Lately I’ve been pretty busy trying to keep everything together; fundraisers, clinical, studying, tests, presentations, process papers, patient care plans, trying to find time to sleep, eat, and take care of everything that comes after that.  I try to pour so much energy into the blogs that I posts, making sure that the information is accurate and interesting.  It usually takes me quite some of them together, which is why I haven’t had as many as I would like too. 

Then I realized I’m sure there is something I can come up with that does not require that much effort.  Things that are valuable to me and have now become second nature.

Since I am so passionate about food and the effects that it has on the body I will rattle off a few things.  My philosophy on food is that it should be simple, delicious, and healthy.  Not that I don’t appreciate a complex, well thought out recipe.  It is just not practical for me to fit into my current lifestyle.  Being healthy is a lifestyle choice and needs to be something you are comfortable with.  It should not be an everyday struggle and something you dread. 

That means getting to know your fruits and vegetables; what is in season and the best ways to cook them. 





Eat whole foods.  Anything in a box is generally something I eat sparingly only because I know the nutrients have been processed out and artificial flavors have been injected in.  I have been on a limited income for a while now, so the excuse of “healthy foods are more expensive” does not work for me anymore.  Frozen veggies are cheap, packed with nutrients, and if cooked right, taste awesome.  Don’t overcook them!  Bring to a boil, simmer, and 10 minutes tops they should be done.  A bag of potatoes is cheaper than those in a box, and they taste so much better.  Lean meats can be purchased in bulk, separated, and frozen.  You get the idea, it isn’t convenient and easy, but with a little prep you save money and eat well. 

Drink water because your body cannot function without water, period.  Your cells cannot function on diet soda.  Diet anything will not help you lose weight.  Have you ever wondered how they make something so sweet yet with no calories?  It is all chemically modified garbage.  They take out a carbon here and there, sure it breaks down in your body as a poison, but it sure tastes good.  Animals avoid it and so should you.  You also end up eating more by the way, and your body is so used to super sweet that regular sugar actually no longer tastes sweet enough. 

This is what most of my recipes are about with the exception of a few.  The goal is easy and healthy for those of us who still have taste buds, and not a lot of time.  That is realistic and reasonable.  Our body structure and function is still pretty primitive, although we feel like advanced creatures.  If it was created by man in a factory, you probably should avoid it or eat very little of it.  

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post!
    It's the little changes which will make the biggest changes. Many thanks for sharing!

    my page; herbal party pills

    ReplyDelete